James won his MA in English Literature at Oxford University and gained his M.B.A. at London Business School. He joined PA Management Consultants, then Europe’s leading consultancy becoming one of eleven world wide Managing Consultants at the company.
Throughout his career he has led consultancy firms, coached speakers and led major communications programmes. These have included:
- Designing, writing and delivering the UK Micro Electronic Awareness Programme via a nationwide series of talks and workshops to British industry.
- Leading Mrs Thatcher’s initiative to promote training programmes for secondary school graduates throughout Britain
- Writing and giving the “Managing in a Recession” series of talks to the membership of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
- Designing and holding a day long career development workshop for 200 senior nurses in the National Health Service.
James has been featured many times on TV and Radio.
“His workshops are extraordinary, highly participative, you get things done.”
During his career James has been:
- National Partner – Binder Hamlyn Accountants.
- Chairman and CEO – GHN Ltd.
- Founding owner – James Cooke Coaching Ltd.
- Business Member – Arts Council of Great Britain.
He has advised three British Government administrations, the EU Directory X111, and worked with a wide range of commercial, professional and not for profit clients.